Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday night hoop breakdown

Brief news and notes off of Tuesday's games:

-Career held off North Haven in OT to take over the lead in the SCC Oronoque.
-Foran won its first game of the season against - you guessed it - crosstown rival Law 43-38.
-Hand looked to be more competitive than expected against Hilhhouse, losing 60-52 on the road. Should be an interesting contest when the two teams reunite in Madison.
-Branford scored 51 points in the second half to only lose to Wilbur Cross by five. If Branford ever got to eight wins, it would be one of the most amazing coaching jobs you will ever see. I bet Branford coach Jake Palluzzi is one pretty happy guy right now.
-St. Joseph coach Vito Montelli picked up win No. 798 against Trumbull.
-Xavier took over solo possession of the SCC Quinnipiac Division with a two-point win at West Haven.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe: Great job again. Nobody keeps us on top of the news in New Haven like you. Morelli's Musings is my favorite part of the paper.
Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I do get disappointed when one of your proteges writes one of the stories. There OK, but it's not a real Morelli Musing. It's like that time years ago when I took my wife to the Copa to see Sinatra and he was sick and they gave us Al Martino. I wanted my ten bucks back. When it comes to sports writing your my chairman of the bored. Only you a-muse me Joe! Keep up the great work. Your the best.
Spider R.

January 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Branford was losing 48-21 at halftime and were down by 30 midway through the third quarter. Branford had a chance to tie with 3 seconds left but missed a 3 pointer. Cross choked and couldn't handle the full court press

January 18, 2009 at 10:02 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe: Just read another great Morelli Musing. Wanted to let you know but I'm getting old and couldn't figure out how to post on that other spot. Loved your story about the kids and the part about Vito Montelli. I'm big fan of Vito. I've been reading about him since before I could read. Congrats to him for win number 800. Hope he's doing Ok. My wife told me Vito passed a mile stone the other night. Oh my Lord. I passed a kidney stone a few years ago, and oh my I can only imagine what it feels like to pass a mile stone! O marone a mi! You know what I mean Joe. Tell Vito we're thinking about him. Thanks for the great job of reporting on the kids and even the old timers. The old timers like me love what you do. You're the best at it Joe. When I want old news I always turn to Joe Morelli's blogg.
Keep up the great work for all of us in New Haven. We love ya.

Spider R.

January 26, 2009 at 5:08 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home