Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ken Green at the Connecticut Open


It's been over three years since former PGA Tour player Ken Green had the lower portion of his right leg amputated following an RV accident that claimed the lives of his brother, girlfriend and dog.
But Green, a former Danbury resident, still is playing golf. He made the cut at the Connecticut Open Tuesday, posting a two-round total of 9-over 153 at Wee Burn CC.
His thoughts following Tuesday's round were as follows:

"I'm still hoping I can pull off that miracle and shoot the par round. Par around here would be 62 in the old days. That's hard for me to pull off. ... The difference between me now and me in the old days, I look forward to each day. I try to accomplish something new every day. There's so much I can still accomplish.
If I had this attitude in my heyday, I probably would have been a lot better off."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home