Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Henry needs to make up ground quickly to qualify for FedExCup playoffs



J.J. Henry (above) is virtually in the same position as he was a year ago with the PGA Tour regular season in the stretch run.


Three more weeks remain before the FedExCup playoffs begin on Aug. 27. The top 125 players qualify for the playoffs. Henry, a Fairfield native, is currently in 150th place.


“To be honest, I’m not panicking at all,” Henry said. “I feel like my game is in good shape. I feel like its pretty close. I was three shots out of a playoff at Greenbrier (four weeks ago). I led in fairways hit and greens in regulation. I didn’t make quite enough putts.”



The tie for 13th place was just one of two top-15 finishes for Henry, 40, this season, the other being a tie for 11th at the Farmers Insurance Open back in February.

MORE ABOUT HENRY'S CHANCES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, AND THE WORLD'S LARGEST GOLF TOURNAMENT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home