Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Caron wins first Connecticut Open title


DARIEN — Jason Caron may not be the most famous state golfer in his family, but he certainly looked like the best golfer in the state on Wednesday.

A steady 1-under-par 71 was all the Greenwich resident needed to win his first Connecticut Open championship by one shot over four-time champ Kyle Gallo at Wee Burn Country Club.

“I really thought at best it would be a playoff. I didn’t realize I was the winner until I sat down here (to sign his scorecard) so it was really kind of surprising,” said Caron, who won $10,000. “I don’t care to know (where he stood during the round). I play my game. That is all I can do.”

Caron, 40, is the husband of Liz Janangelo, the West Hartford native and former Duke University standout who won four Connecticut Women’s Open titles and twice played on the LPGA Tour. They are expecting their first child in January.

READ MORE ON THE OPEN AND HOW EVERYONE FINISHED. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home