Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Henry back in home state



CROMWELL — J.J. Henry stood on the 17th tee at the Byron Nelson Classic last month, holding the lead in the final round. Two more pars and it might have been his second PGA Tour victory.

But Henry, a Fairfield native, blew his 7-iron tee shot on the downhill par 3 past the green, leading to a double bogey. Jason Dufner, Henry’s playing partner, went on to win the tournament. Henry tied for third place.

“If I hit the same shot again, I couldn’t have hit it any better. Obviously, I would have a bit less club,” Henry said on Tuesday. “Jason Dufner was in the same group and he hit the same club so it wasn’t like I was crazy off. I hit too much club I guess. ...It still stings, there is no doubt. It’s hard to get over. But it shows I still have what it takes to win a tournament.”

READ MORE ABOUT JJ HENRY, PATRICK CANTLAY TURNING PRO AND OTHER THINGS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home