Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Southbury's Joe LaCava enjoying time away from PGA Tour




Joe LaCava (pictured above, left)  is currently spending his time away from golf like any other parent of high school-aged athletes would: sitting in his lawn chair watching baseball and softball games.


LaCava, a Southbury resident, unexpectedly got the spring off from caddying on the PGA Tour. His boss is a familiar name, even to those with just a passing interest in the sport. LaCava caddies for Tiger Woods.

Woods had back surgery on March 31 and will likely be out for at least the next month.

While the public found out after the fact, LaCava said even he only found out either the day before or the day of the surgery.



“I know he was in a lot of pain. Was I surprised? Not really,” said LaCava, who is in his third year working for Woods. “I haven’t talked to him, so I have no idea (when Woods will return to the tour). I’m hoping for July. His doctor initially said 3-4 months, so three months is wishful thinking on my part. Am I hopeful for the British (Open)? Of course. Do I know if he will play there? I don’t know, and I don’t think he even knows when he will be ready to play.”

Check out more about how LaCava began working for Tiger and his working relationship with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home