Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Catching up with former Yale standout Tom McCarthy



For one day, he looked like the old Tom McCarthy (pictured above), the standout golfer from Yale University who was one of the best golfers in Connecticut just three years ago.


McCarthy shot a 3-under-par 66 at Country Club of Waterbury in the final round of the Russell C. Palmer Cup Wednesday to finish in eighth place.


“I was 11-over par in my first 12 holes. I said to myself, ‘This is going to be interesting,’” said McCarthy, who shot 2-under over his final 42 holes. “One swing kills me and I can’t recover like I used to. But I guess the birdies were still there.”



McCarthy, 25, made seven birdies in his final round, more than the first two rounds combined. Not too bad for someone who hadn’t competed in almost two years.

So what has McCarthy been doing? Check that out and relive his great 2011 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home