Blogs > Morelli's Musings

Golf coverage

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Caron doesn't miss life on the LPGA Tour




Liz Caron (pictured above) was back in an LPGA event for the first time in five years on June 11 and 12 at the Women’s PGA Championship at Westchester Country Club in Harrison, New York.


She didn’t make the cut, shooting 80-78-158. But that didn’t spoil her return inside the ropes. Caron spent two years on the LPGA Tour, the last in 2010.


“I wouldn’t want to do it every day,” Caron said. “I still get to play in tournaments (locally). I gave it a good shot out here. I’m sure if I kept grinding away, I could be one of the top players. But it’s not what my goal is. My goal is to be the best mom that I can be, maybe have another one someday.”



Caron, 31, is married to Jason, the 2012 Connecticut Open champion. They have one child, Caroline, who is 2. Liz Caron is the director of instruction at the Mill River Club in Oyster Bay, New York. Jason is the head pro there.

READ MORE ABOUT LIZ CARON (formerly Liz Janangelo)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home